Blendtec - Pina colada blow up!!

3.3

I just bought a new Blend tech and used it a few times. YESTERDAY I was blending pinapples, coconut milk and ice.

Suddenly the blender started to shake and hop around the counter. With a boom the lid blew off and There was pina colada in my eyes, hair and KITCHEN walls, frig, cabinets and clothes. It exploded with force and if it was hot I would be blind and burned. If it had been beets or spinach my kitchen would have been stained.

I called the company right away. They said the problem was the bearings misalignment on the small cup and a quality control issue. They said they were sending me a new cup.

Im sorry I did not get a photo nor was the company too worried about my disaster as I was not injured by the pina colada in my eyes. Be warned

Product or Service Mentioned: Blendtec Blender.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 20, 2017.

Blendtec - So wish I'd gone with the Vitamix

I've had my Blendtech for several years and have gotten increasingly frustrated trying to make smoothies and having to stop and tamp it down all the time. They now make a twister blender jar, having figured out for themselves that they need one, but when I called to see if I could swap my jar for it they offered me $10 off a $129 twister jar.

I'd rather save up my $ and get a Vitamix instead when I finally give up.

I have broken off many spatulas in my Blendtech. Doesn't seem right that they've realized they have a problem, solved it, but aren't offering the solution to their existing customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Blendtec Blender.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 12, 2016.